Since it is Monday, it’s time for another blog post. I’d like to take a few sentences to tell update you on my school year and how writing is coming along, before we get into the meat of this Q & A (just get ready).
Time is honestly flying by, and I am surprised it is already mid-October. There is a lot that needs to be done in these next few months, but I’m eager for new challenges, as each challenge that one receives is an opportunity to grow. That being said, I am excited for the Christmas season to roll around, so I can go home and see my family.
On the writing front, I am not getting much done. I started a new psychological thriller that was ultimately scrapped, since I was not enjoying the material. A week or so ago I started a new Southern Gothic book, but I’m still not writing like normal. For my new readers, I’m a voracious writer who normally cracks out around a thousand words to two thousand words a day (depending on the project I am working on). Now that school has come to claim my freedom, I am a little more strapped for time, and my passion has dissipated a little bit. It’s definitely something I’m working on.
Now let’s get into the reason you clicked on this article: It’s time for some questions… And answers. 🙂 This list I selected is from a random website, and I chose the first forty questions. I will answer honestly and stupidly, so please keep that in mind.
1. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you touch?
This is going to be one ridiculous Q & A. I’ve got condor arms, so I can definitely reach my friend’s backpack that is on the chair in front of me.
Maybe I should have picked some existential questions or something. This is going to be brutal.
2. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
Unfortunately, I was working on Spanish homework. I should probably do that right now, but sometimes you just have to put things off.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
I don’t watch much TV anymore, but I do binge Netflix and Hulu occasionally. A friend has me hooked on 30 Rock, and I did watch an episode last night… (My version of a wild Saturday night hehe).
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
Sunday, October 14. It is probably 2:30 PST.
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
HA! I was off by one minute. As I write this, it is Sunday, October 14, at 2:29 PST.
That is a fun fact about me: I’m a human alarm clock. I can wake myself whenever I want, and this has only failed me once in years of the gift. My dad also has this special quirk, so it’s gotta be in my family genes.
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
I’m listening to Spotify in the “Release Radar” category, so the song playing is one I’ve never heard in my life, and it’s quite slow. Let me look up the title…
“Lilo” by The Japanese House. Give it a listen, I suppose, if you’re in a speculative mood.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
The last time I was outside was approximately two hours ago. I was leaving the cafeteria for the library, so not really anything super satisfying…
I do love the outdoors though. I’m a big fan of hiking and letting the sun soak into my skin (as long as I wear sunscreen).
8. Did you dream last night?
Yes… And it wasn’t the best dream. It reflected some things that have been on my mind recently, and these are things that are taking time to heal. 🙂
9. What is the last film you saw?
Crazy Rich Asians. It was pretty cute! I would recommend it.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Somewhere near mountains, my family and friends, and a Mexican restaurant that has full access to chips and queso.
11. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Well, hopefully I’d invest a lot of the money into the stock market and savings accounts… I’d probably want to buy a house in the middle of nowhere and take my family on a trip somewhere beautiful.
12. Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
Most people in my “normal” life as a college student have no clue that I am a writer. Some of my closest friends still don’t know, even though I don’t keep it a total secret. Pretty weird, right?
13. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I’d change the fact that gas in California is so darn expensive.
14. Do you like to dance?
I am atrocious at it… It’s like watching an octopus on the dance floor.
That being said, I do love to dance. I took a tango class in Argentina that was torture, but regular dancing is pretty fun.
15. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I lived abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina, for a year. I’m good for a while.
I do love traveling, though, and I really want to explore everywhere I haven’t been.
16. Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
Who knows. However, I do have some pretty incredible nicknames, including Katie Kay.
17. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
18. Last time you swam in a pool?
Probably over the summer. I go to the beach a lot, though.
19. Type of music you like most?
I love everything, as long as there’s a good beat and meaningful lyrics.
20. Type of music you dislike most?
I used to hate country music, but now I am a fan. I don’t know if there is a particular genre I don’t like, come to think of it.
21. Are you listening to music right now?
“Ship to Shore” by Stars.
22. What color is your bedroom carpet?
23. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
About my dorm? The fact that people leave clumps of hair in the shower.
24. What was the last thing you bought?
A double chocolate chip frappuccino at Starbucks.
25. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
No, but I’d love to try it out! I had a four-wheeler when I was a kid, and it was always a lot of fun.
26. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
Sky diving, 100%. Bungee jumping, probably not.
27. Do you have a garden?
28. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
29. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Do I really have to get up this early?
30. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
I used to care about my celebrities, but now I don’t. If I could eat lunch with someone right now, I’d probably want to eat with my sister. 🙂
31. Who sent the last text message you received?
32. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
33. What time is bed time?
9 o’clock. Early bird catches that worm, my friends.
34. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
35. How many tattoos do you have?
36. If you don’t have any, have you ever thought of getting one?
37. What did you do for your last birthday?
I was in Argentina and thought that I’d probably treat myself to a nice Coca Light (the South American Diet Coke), but my friends threw me an incredible surprise birthday party with home-cooked pasta and dessert. It was amazing!
38. Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
My memory fails me…
39. Is the glass half empty or half full?
Half full. Optimism is key! (Kudos to The Forever Optimist.)
40. What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been?
Ushuaia, Argentina, which is the southernmost city in the world!
AND THERE YOU GO!
Another ridiculous Q & A… Hopefully, this wasn’t the worst thing you’ve read today. I will probably write a “writer’s” blog post next week, so more to come. 🙂
Until next time,